Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rangers start off the season with two straight wins


Well Kenny, I know it is hard. Getting our hopes dashed so quickly with European dreams coming to an abrupt end. But at least we are still perfect in the SPL. We handled Hearts well, and our new signing all look to be fitting in nicely. Kyle Lafferty scores a goal, and then, the man who I wear on my back this season (bought his Jersey, yes, I buy a Rangers jersey every season... a small show of support if you ask me), Kris Boyd gets the second to down Hearts in the end 2-0.


I love to watch Kris Boyd, and love his attitude. He seems to be extremely competitive and deadly serious about the game. Much like myself with Adult Amateur Leagues out here in Arizona. But I have a love for the sport that runs deep and I care about football. I like when she is played beautifully, with passion and intensity. I love the epic battles that take place and appreciate the comraderie and respect for the player you mark all game. It is a blessing football is back in season... summer was a tad long this year.


Here is hoping the 'Gers win the SPL. Here's to a great new season ahead full of amazing football to feast upon, and here's hoping you guys sign me to your team come the January transfer window...

Rafael in Tempe

No comments: