Tuesday, July 15, 2008

just another poem

Making excuses for you

He wasn’t where he was supposed to be at 11:14 pm

We said goodnight at 9:15
and I wondered
why he was so tired

It was Saturday night
and 27 missed calls
tells me he isn’t sleeping
next to his phone on the charger

My stomach tightens
and twists me into contorted shapes
in my bed sheets

I visit the toilet
head first every 20 minutes.

Cinematic love scenes
starring her and my boyfriend
reel in my mind

Some other girl
clutching him close
scratching his back
leaving all the signs for me to tell

I call him
for the 28th time
in two hours

ready and willing to accept the lies
I’ve already made for him

1 comment:

maria said...

Hey raf. I love your poem. I just wish it was not true. But what can you say love is blind. I like that fact we can now see what you are up to on a daily basis. keep up the good work.