Thursday, July 24, 2008

I <3 Command and Conquor

It's true, I am a huge fan, sort of a geek, for Command and Conquer. The only thing holding me back from being a full fledged Command and Conquer nerd, is I still quit before I ever get beat by only two hard enemies. So my record(that's saved in the computer) is still flawless. I find that sexy, if having a spotless unbeaten record that's a total lie can be sexy.
I think it is all the control and commandability that the game offers to it's player. They ability to raise you own army/military/terrorist organization is just so all empowering. I feel so modern day Napoleon-esque. I can conquer all these sorry other people how ever I chose. Even when I pick the random selection scenario, and I am given a situation without knowing what I am really logging into, I still dominate and can choose from a number of ways to execute the final coup de gras. If I want to shock and awe some poor pathetic terrorist organization, I'll send multiple Particle Cannon Laser attacks matched with a fleet of A-10 attack Warthogs. If I want to display my air superiority, then I construct an Air Force that bombs the opposing sides base to high hell!
And not to sound unpatriotic, but it is kinda fun to take on the Chinese military and stick it to those fucking arrogant sons-of-bitches, America! They just stroll around thinking that they have all this technology and training and blah blah blah. I over power them with my tank divisions and incredibly overmanned infantry which overwhelms opposing armies like a colony of ants taking over a melting Popsicle in the desert heat! Believe that, and they are just so reckless with their nuclear weapons, that I just make the other literally glow.
But the biggest slap in America's face, is when I am force to dole out a nice ass whoopin' to China and America with the G.L.A. terrorist group. I do all my shit all secretive and just make paper(money) left and right and raise up a supremely powerful and overtly sick and sinister group of war-criminals who don't take any prisoners.
So sometimes, when writing just isn't doing it for me, I'll sit down for a good hour and a half, do battle with a worthy adversary, and get out some pent up aggression. It's like when a jogger says "oh I go running to clear my mind" or "relieve tension"... I sit at a computer and annihilate opposing armies one at a time...

2 comments:

Alex said...

Hell yeah, tank rush! Affirmative! My style is more of a puss, bomb the shit out of them until they run out of money or air defenses. If you gotta lose 5 planes a run so be it, at least they do damage when they crash. Kamikaze respek!

Raf-in-AZ said...

werd son. its all about having the paper tho... for reals